⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] string valued coordinates

From: Jim Biard <jbiard>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 11:20:54 -0500

Jonathan,

In one case I am storing raw binary values from a satellite downlink.
Another example of this sort of case would be a variable where you are
storing flag values, particularly ones where you are using flag_masks.
The values are 'non-numerical' in that they are not directly
interpretable as a scientific measurement or the result of a
mathematical formula. It's probably not the best way to describe them,
but I was trying to find a short way to express the concept.

Grace and peace,

Jim

On 11/5/14, 11:06 AM, Jonathan Gregory wrote:

> There are quantities for which units are inapplicable i.e. string-valued ones
> and flags encoding those. Jim, I wonder what "non-numerical binary quantities"
> you put in CF datasets?

CICS-NC <http://www.cicsnc.org/> Visit us on
Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/cicsnc> 	*Jim Biard*
*Research Scholar*