⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Proposals for Versioning ... and Github

From: Nan Galbraith <ngalbraith>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 09:51:39 -0400

I agree, it's time for a webinar, unless we can manage a meeting,
preferably in the south of France. Following these threads is becoming
difficult.

I've had only a little experience with github; although I think trac has
worked really well for issues in CF-1, it does seem like the changes in
CF-2 will be so substantial that we'll need github, or something like it.
I'm hoping it provides the ability to ask questions and make comments - I
don't necessarily want to be editing the main document - and has an
email notification/interface built in.

If anyone can recommend a good github tutorial, please pass it along.

Thanks - Nan

On 9/23/14 5:16 PM, Signell, Richard wrote:
> Jonathan,
> I wonder if we might have a webinar to demonstrate/talk about the
> concepts we envision here. We've done a lot of typing, but I get with
> 30 min together online I bet we could end up with consensus.
>
> -Rich

* Nan Galbraith                        (508) 289-2444 *
* Upper Ocean Processes Group            Mail Stop 29 *
* Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution                *
* Woods Hole, MA 02543                                *