⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Proposals for Versioning CF Conventions and Standard Names on Github

From: Chris Barker <chris.barker>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 12:22:16 -0700

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 9:45 AM, Christopher Duncombe Rae - NOAA Affiliate <
christopher.duncombe.rae at noaa.gov> wrote:

> LaTeX would get my vote every time.

The "problem" with LaTeX is that is it both:

A little to "document" oriented - i.e. not really a data structure
and
Really a language, so anything can be re-defined, making it next to
impossible to translate in the general case.

That being said, if you're disciplined about how you use it it can be a
fine option.

> RST

RST, anyway, allows application-specific directives, to could be used
pretty well for a situation like this.

Also, we could use different things for the main standards doc and the
standard name list, - -the latter being more structured data than a
document.

-CHB

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov