⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Time series related to a polygonal region and cell_bounds

From: Signell, Richard <rsignell>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 10:12:05 -0400

Jim,
Yes, I went back and looked at the cf 1.0 document, and it's always been
"bounds".

The current CF 1.6 document:
http://cfconventions.org/Data/cf-conventions/cf-conventions-1.6/build/cf-conventions.html

lists "cell_bounds" several times (in error), and the ticket Indeed the
references to cell_bounds in the CF doc are in error, and ticket 64 (
https://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/trac/ticket/64) from 4 years ago correctly
identifies the problem.

The current document
http://cfconventions.org/Data/cf-conventions/cf-conventions-1.7/build/cf-conventions.html

shows those errors corrected.

This is an argument for versioning strategy used by many software projects:

major.minor.buxfix

We could have fixed those typos and released

1.6.1

because no new functionality was introduced.

-Rich