⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Days of rain

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 13:57:13 +0100

Dear Dan

Thanks for your email. I suppose that the problem is that the data has been
quantised, whereas when considering thresholds we have continuous quantities in
mind. We didn't put "greater than or equal to" because the probability of a
continuous quantity exactly equalling the threshold is infinitesimal. A
possible solution would be to interpret "above threshold" as meaning "above or
exactly equal to the threshold". If that is a good idea, we should say it in
the definition of the quantity.

----- Forwarded message from "Hollis, Dan" <dan.hollis at metoffice.gov.uk> -----