⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] vertical dimension for subseafloor measurements

From: Reyna Jenkyns <reyna>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 23:35:17 +0000

Hi,

Although most of our data is in the water column, we are also serving data from beneath the seafloor in boreholes from the IODP program. Is there a way in the vertical dimension to reflect the combination of seafloor depth and the meters below seafloor that a sensor is positioned? Or is this sort of data outside the scope of the CF convention? We have data like temperature, pressure and resistivity inside boreholes.

Any recommendations for representation that information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
[http://www.oceannetworks.ca/img/onc-email-seastar.jpg]

Reyna Jenkyns | Data Stewardship Team Lead - Digital Infrastructure
Ocean Networks Canada | T 250 853 3908 | oceannetworks.ca
University of Victoria PO Box 1700 STN CSC 2300 McKenzie Avenue Victoria, BC V8W 2Y2