⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Date/time and leap seconds

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 15:29:17 +0100

Dear all

I think that as far as CF is concerned the issue of leap seconds is a matter of
time encoding i.e. the translation between "unit since reference" and YMDhms.
Therefore if there are applications which critically depend on leap seconds
used in the real-world UTC calendar, I agree with John's suggestion that the
best way to deal with it would be to define a new calendar which includes the
leap seconds, and make the definition of the existing gregorian/standard/
default calendar explicitly exclude them in a way which is consistent with the
udunits treatment (if I have understood this correctly).