⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard Names for: Ocean Kinetic Energy and Relative Vorticity

From: Napoleon Cornejo <cornejo>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 22:24:39 +0200

Good day,

We are currently developing software for the GOCE
mission, called GUT:

https://earth.esa.int/web/guest/software-tools/gut/about-gut/overview

In the processing and output of data we want to adhere to the CF
conventions and therefore try to use the standard names approved.?
However, for some quantities, particularly in oceanography, we cannot find
appropriate names in the standard name list.? Specifically, for the
following quantities:

Ocean Kinetic Energy
Ocean Relative
Vorticity (vertical component)

We would like to suggest the
names ocean_kinetic_energy and
ocean_relative_vorticity to handle these outputs and
therefore we kindly request your feedback.

With kind
regards,

N.E. Cornejo

?