⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] sigma_naught

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 16:46:01 +0100

Dear John

Thanks for your email. CF standard names are designed with the intention of
being self-explanatory, so it would be better to have a longer phrase which
describes what the quantity is in physical terms. The standard_name table
should give some ideas about how to do that. I notice that there is an existing
standard_name of surface_backwards_scattering_coefficient_of_radar_wave. Is
that related to this quantity perhaps?

Cheers

Jonathan