⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] cf_role attribute

From: Ajay Krishnan - NOAA Affiliate <ajay.krishnan>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 16:38:46 -0400

Hi Everyone,

Can anybody tell me the correct usage of the *cf_role* attribute?

>From my gathering, the *cf_role* attribute should only be attached to a
coordinated variable (See appendix
A<http://cfconventions.org/1.6.html#attribute-appendix>
).

But in the CF conventions document Example H.2., the *cf_role* is being
attached to the *station_name* variable.

When we do this, the CF compliance checker gives out an INFO message
stating that the *cf_role *attribute is being used in a non-standard way.

Any inputs?

Thanks,
Ajay