⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard_name proposal: dvorak_tropical_cyclone_eye_region_scene_type

From: rhorne at excaliburlabs.com <rhorne>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 11:50:03 -0400

Dear Jonathan:

 your suggestion is a good one. Note that I had proposed a similarly
structured standard name for cyclones that don't have eyes
(dvorak_tropical_cyclone_cloud_region_scene_type). I will revise that
standard_name proposal similarly.

 Summarizing ...

 standard_name:
 scene_type_of_dvorak_tropical_cyclone_eye_region

 definition:
 The variable is a string, taking on of the following values to indicate
the Advanced Dvorak Technique tropical cyclone eye region scene type:
clear_ragged_or_obscured_eye, pinhole_eye, large_eye, or no_eye. For a
data variable, it is encoded as an integer using flag_values and
flag_meanings.

 Canonical units: 1

 very respectfully,

 randy