⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New Standard Name: distance_from_tropical_cyclone_center_to_leading_edge_of_displaced_convection

From: Gary Meehan <gmeehan>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 11:15:32 -0400

Hi CF Board,

As a follow-up to this initial posting of two days ago, I would like to
amend the definition based on
our recent discussion concerning the use of coordinate variables in
definition. Thus:

Standard_Name:
distance_from_tropical_cyclone_center_to_leading_edge_of_displaced_convection

Canonical units: m

Definition:

The great circle distance measured from the tropical cyclone center to
the leading edge of displaced
convection, which is defined as the closest point that exceeds a
threshold brightness temperature at
top of atmosphere limit. The threshold applied should be recorded in a
coordinate variable having the
standard_name of toa_brightness_temperature. A coordinate variable of
radiation_wavelength,
sensor_band_central_radiation_wavelength, or radiation_frequency may be
specified to indicate that
the brightness temperature applies at specific wavelengths or frequencies.

Thanks and regards,

Gary

--
Gary Meehan