⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Editing/publishing workflow

From: Chris Barker <chris.barker>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 13:14:55 -0700

All,

Converting to a simpler, more tractable markup format would be nice, but a
couple comments:

> A few months ago I looked into converting to a word processor format, but
it looked like a much bigger job than I could afford the time for.

Please dont go that way anyway! XML may be a pain, but if you're going to
make a change, make a change to a format that is easier to mange in a
version control system, and doesn't require proprietary software to manage.

I am willing to take an initial crack at putting the CF Conventions
> document in github format, if that's the missing piece.

gitHub supports a number of different markup formats. Markdown is the
default, and is nice an simple, but pretty limited. So take a look at the
other options -- ReStructuredText (RST) may be a better option, for
instance.

-Chris