⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] can a cell method be an attribute of an auxiliary coordinate variable ?

From: Jim Biard <jbiard>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 09:05:45 -0500

Jonathan,

Regarding using area vs latitude or longitude, I was following the third paragraph of section 7.3.4:

? For longitude, the domain is indicated according to this provision by the string "longitude" (rather than the name of a longitude coordinate variable), and this implies that the method applies to all possible longitudes ?

Am I right in thinking that your suggestion of using area instead would depend on how we are calculating the longitude and latitude?

Grace and peace,

Jim

Visit us on
Facebook Jim Biard
Research Scholar
Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites NC
North Carolina State University
NOAA's National Climatic Data Center
151 Patton Ave, Asheville, NC 28801
e: jbiard at cicsnc.org