⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] can a cell method be an attribute of an auxiliary coordinate variable ?

From: Jim Biard <jbiard>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 14:01:24 -0500

Jonathan,

So, I?ve got a broader question. We have a case in hand with trajectory data for a physically extensive weather system. Two data variables are the mean longitude and latitude of the system, which we are treating as the auxiliary coordinate variables. Other data variables contain measurements such as maximum latitude at the mean longitude, etc. Are cell_methods applicable in this case? There is no grid, so the cell would be the area covered by the system, and the extents of this area are not described.

Grace and peace,

Jim

Visit us on
Facebook Jim Biard
Research Scholar
Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites NC
North Carolina State University
NOAA's National Climatic Data Center
151 Patton Ave, Asheville, NC 28801
e: jbiard at cicsnc.org