⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] How to handle a forecast model with non-monotonic coordinate variables

From: Seth McGinnis <mcginnis>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 14:09:25 -0700

In this dataset, lat and lon aren't coordinate variables, they're
auxiliary coordinate variables. There's no requirement that auxiliary
coordinate variables be monotonic or lacking in missing_values. Your
coordinate variables will be the ones associated with the I and J
dimensions of the arrays.

To make this data CF compliant, I believe all you'll have to do is:

1) Make sure there are coordinate variables for the I and J dimensions.
 (These can just have nondimensional dummy values.)

2) List the lat and lon variables in the coordinate attribute of each
data variable.

Cheers,

--Seth