⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF upgrade to netCDF variable names

From: Chris Barker <chris.barker>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 09:08:14 -0800

There is another reason:

mapping CF variable names directly to programming language variable names
is pretty handy -- so it's nice if those are legal.

I'm sure not all programming languages have the same restrictions on names,
but there is surely a subset that's pretty common (i.e. none of the usual
math characters).

-Chris