⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Ocean colour standard names

From: Mike Grant <mggr>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 16:57:54 +0000

Hi Alison,

On 20/12/13 11:50, Frederic MELIN wrote:
> For the rest, I'd recommend:
> volume_absorption_coefficient_of_radiative_flux_in_sea_water_due_to_dissolved_organic_matter_and_non_pigmented_particles;
> is the sum of the other 2, and is a standard satellite product (the other 2 terms are not easily distinguishable from space).

Fred and Roy have said it all much more nicely than I'd manage, so I'll
confine myself to confirming that our use is primarily to describe
satellite products, so we'd find this the most useful of the set, though
the others would also be useful when dealing with physical samples.

I also quite like the pigments variant, as long as it's clear it's
referring to biological pigments as opposed to, say, paint(!)

Cheers,

Mike.

Latest news: www.pml.ac.uk and _at_PlymouthMarine

Plymouth Marine Laboratory (PML) is a company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales, company number 4178503. Registered Charity No. 1091222. Registered Office: Prospect Place, The Hoe, Plymouth PL1 3DH, UK.

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system. You are reminded that e-mail communications are not secure and may contain viruses; PML accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by viruses.