⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard name table update

From: Jonathan Wrotny <jwrotny>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 12:19:39 -0500

Dear Karl,

Re: 1) below, I can't specifically remember if we had this discussion,
but the first "total" of "total totals" is actually necessary because
the common name for this quantity is the "total totals index." During
the dialogue on the board a few months ago, we all agreed that for some
of these uniquely named stability indices, the convention in naming
these in CF would be "atmosphere_stability" + common name for the
quantity. So, that's how "atmosphere_stability_total_totals_index" came
about. Sincerely,

Jonathan Wrotny