⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Can we please close ticket 93 and modify the latest CF document accordingly?

From: Signell, Richard <rsignell>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 14:03:37 -0400

Mark & CF community,

I agree that it would be great to allow a larger group of folks with
time and interest to help out and get CF-1.7 out of the gates.

I wonder if we might also take this opportunity to consider more
radical options to increase participation, like setting up a
CF-Conventions organization on Github and moving the conventions
there.

The git model and the tools that github provides would make it much
easier for other folks to contribute changes and for those changes to
be reviewed, discussed and merged.

Recently we moved the UGRID conventions from a Confluence wiki
<http://publicwiki.deltares.nl/display/NETCDF/Deltares+CF+proposal+for+Unstructured+Grid+data+model>
to github
<https://github.com/ugrid-conventions/ugrid-conventions/blob/master/README.md>
and I was surprised at how easy it was.

I haven't moved trac tickets to github but it looks like many other
projects have and there are tools to do it (e.g.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6671584/how-to-export-trac-to-github-issues)

What do folks think about this?

Thanks
-Rich