⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Towards recognizing and exploiting hierarchical groups

From: Schultz, Martin <m.schultz>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 16:43:17 +0000

Dear all,

     maybe we should rephrase the question behind this discussion: How can hierarchies and/or groups be implemented without breaking CF? More specifically, it seems that we should care about not breaking CF when the suitcases are packed or unpacked. It would be a nightmare if anyone or any interoperable application would have to re-build CF compliance every time the hierarchies are introduced or flattened out. Unless I am mistaken here this would mean that CF should be "group aware" without necessarily having to support hierarchies or groups as a concept. Would this be a compromise to work on?

Cheers,

Martin

> Thus far all that have been put on display seem to be counter-examples(*): [...]

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt