⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Towards recognizing and exploiting hierarchical groups (Charlie Zender - Steve Hankin - Richard Signell)

From: Charlie Zender <zender>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 13:51:19 -0700

Hi Stephen,

I also advocate keeping support for groups simple.
The simplest support imaginable is that groups should be completely
self-contained without attribute inheritance. This would go in the
right direction, yet I think attribute inheritance, at least of global
metadata, ought to be strongly considered. Otherwise useful attributes
like "history" and "Convention" have to be stored in each group....

cz

Le 17/09/2013 04:56, stephen.pascoe at stfc.ac.uk a ?crit :

--
Charlie Zender, Earth System Sci. & Computer Sci.
University of California, Irvine 949-891-2429 )'(