⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Can we please close ticket 93 and modify the latest CF document accordingly?

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 10:35:35 +0100

Dear Rich

There are a lot of tickets which have been agreed and should therefore be in
the next version of the CF standard. They are all the ones shown in green in
http://www.met.reading.ac.uk/~david/cf_trac_summary.html, including ticket 93.

Making a new version of CF depends on Jeff Painter or a colleague at PCMDI
having time to do it, I presume. I agree we need a new one, because there are
a lot of concluded tickets, and it's two years since CF 1.6 was published. We
do not close the tickets until the new version of CF is published which
includes them, because the process isn't finished until then. In CF 1.7, the
history will be updated to list all the tickets which were enacted in it.

However, even without a new version of CF, it can be assumed that ticket 93
(and all the other concluded ones) will be part of CF 1.7. Software developers
can act on that assumption.

Cheers

Jonathan

----- Forwarded message from "Signell, Richard" <rsignell at usgs.gov> -----