⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] thredds changing CF conventions version

From: John Caron <caron>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 11:33:08 -0600

Hi Sean:

Ive already made a fix in the 4.4.0 branch to preserve the global
attribute Conventions=CF.1-x if that exists in the source file. Easy to
do and its the right thing.

More difficult is to guarentee that all CF semantics get preserved in
the translation. The subsetting process has to change the coordinate
system, but we try to pass everything else through. Let us know any
issues and we will try to fix. We are looking at the ones that Seth has
reported.

The problem is that the damn software has to be told exactly what to do!
"Read the CF Conventions document", I said. Sheesh.

John