⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] new standard name: atmosphere_mass_content_of_volcanic_ash

From: Jonathan Wrotny <jwrotny>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 13:49:06 -0400

Dear Jonathan Gregory,

This is a good suggestion. I've updated the definition to define
volcanic ash.

Standard Name: atmosphere_mass_content_of_volcanic_ash

Definition:"Content" indicates a quantity per unit area. The "atmosphere
content" of a quantity refers to the vertical integral from the surface
to the top of the atmosphere. For the content between specified levels
in the atmosphere, standard names including content_of_atmosphere_layer
are used." "Volcanic_ash" means the fine-grained products of explosive
volcanic eruptions, such as minerals or crystals, older fragmented rock
(e.g. andesite), and glass.Particles within a volcanic ash cloud have
diameters less than 2 mm."Volcanic_ash" does not include non-volcanic dust.

Canonical Units:kg m-2

Sincerely,

Jonathan Wrotny