⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] new standard name: land_surface_skin_temperature

From: Karl Taylor <taylor13>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 09:10:35 -0700

Dear Jonathan's W & G,

I would contend that in models "surface_temperature" is the radiating
temperature of the surface and therefore the same as the "skin
temperature". I'm wondering why we need to distinguish between surface
temperature and surface skin temperature. I think users looking for
surface_temperature should find any measurement of the radiating
temperature of the surface.

Karl