⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] atmosphere stability indices

From: Jonathan Wrotny <jwrotny>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 13:47:24 -0400

Dear Jonathan G,

I follow your logic and what you say makes sense - "ambient air" is
implied as the parcel destination by the product standard name. But, to
me, it seems that "ambient air pressure" is too general for application
to the lifted-type stability products, especially since two coordinate
variables are sometimes needed. In effect, the original air pressure is
an ambient air pressure, too, so there is not enough differentiation.
Plus, for consistency, the use of 'original' and 'final' is nice. I
think we had a vote this way from Seth, too.

Just my thoughts - I can go either way, ultimately.

-Jonathan Wrotny