⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] new standard_name needed for cloud_phase (an enumeration type)

From: Randy Horne <rhorne>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 19:13:37 -0400

Jonathan:

Answering your questions?

(1)
clear_sky instead of clear is fine.

(2)
super_cooled_liquid_water is a subset of liquid_water.

Thus, the definition you have suggested for:

standard_name: cloud_phase_category

with definition:

The variable is a string, taking one of the following values to indicate
cloud phase category: clear_sky, liquid_water, super_cooled_liquid_water,
mixed_phase, ice, unknown. For a data variable it is encoded as an integer
using flag_values and flag_meanings.

is fine.

very respectfully,

randy