⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New Standard Names for Satellite Data

From: Aleksandar Jelenak - NOAA Affiliate <aleksandar.jelenak>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 16:55:20 -0400

Hi Philip,

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 3:48 AM, Cameron-smith, Philip
<cameronsmith1 at llnl.gov> wrote:
> I don't think anyone has responded to your email below, so I am responding, in part, so it doesn't get lost in the recent blizzard of emails on other topics :-).

Thank you very much! I was getting worried the other standard names I
proposed will not get much attention. Perhaps that is a good thing?
;-)

> I still much prefer the alternative that was proposed:
>
> time_sample_interval_due_to_collocation

Fine with me.

> I suggest that we tweak the description to improve clarity:
>
> "The difference in time between two events that are collocated. Two events are deemed to be collocated based on some set of spatial, temporal, and viewing geometry criteria."

Fine.

> I also checked on the spelling of 'collocation'. Unfortunately, different dictionaries seem to disagree, with varying support given to: collocation, colocation, and co-location. In the dictionaries I looked at, collocation was often described as a literary term (for two words appearing next to each other), with colocation and co-location often being more clearly defined in the way that we want. But it was not clear cut. Is there consensus in the fields relevant to CF?

"collocation" is used in satellite remote sensing. For example,:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collocation_(remote_sensing)

With this all issues about this standard name are resolved. Can I
assume this name is accepted?

       -Aleksandar