⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New standard name: datetime_iso8601

From: John Caron <caron>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 08:09:00 -0600

Hi all:

Another thing to consider is the relationship to the current udunit/CF
standard for specifying dates in the unit string

   "period SINCE date"

The udunits documentation
<http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/udunits/udunits-2/udunits2lib.html#Grammar>
not being very clear, I wrote up my understanding of current practice here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/CDM/CalendarDateTime.html#ISO_String

Note the paragraph towards the end starting with "with the following
differences, to allow backwards compatibility with udunits:"

as this documents the differences AFAICT that current practice has with
ISO 8601 standard.

It appears that this grammer is slightly more lenient than the one that
Aleksandar proposes.

John