⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] how to specify time dimension for monthly averages

From: Hattersley, Richard <richard.hattersley>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 11:14:22 +0000

Hi Andreas,

With regards to point (2): including the text " (interval: 1 month)" implies that the *original* data from which the monthly aggregate was calculated had a monthly frequency. (See section 7.3.2 of the conventions.) This is probably not what you intend to say.

NB. Specifying the time resolution of the original data is optional - so it would be entirely valid to just use "time: mean" for the cell_methods attribute.

Richard Hattersley
Benevolent Dictator of Iris - a CF library for Python: www.scitools.org.uk/iris
Met Office FitzRoy Road Exeter Devon EX1 3PB United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1392 885702