⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] pH standard name?

From: John Graybeal <jgraybeal>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 14:11:59 -0700

Hi John,

Make sure you are using the current standard name table, from http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-standard-names/. There is a sub-link on Google (has been for a long time) to a list from 2009, maybe CF folks can mechanically create a hint from there to the current list....

Anyway, quite probably the one pH that exists is the one you want (copied from http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-standard-names/standard-name-table/22/cf-standard-name-table.html): sea_water_ph_reported_on_total_scale. It is indeed dimensionless.

Previously I have proposed names for several other measurements of pH that produce different numbers because they are performed in different ways, but I didn't have a current use for those names so they were not included. Let me know or look back in the CF list if you need to dig them up. (There may be an active-but-older request to add a few back in? Not sure.)

John