⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Rotated Pole projection possibly wrong

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 08:19:20 +0000

Dear all

There is one model in the CMIP5 database (inmcm4) that has a rotated-pole
grid (for the ocean) which uses a non-zero north_pole_grid_longitude. This
is the first time I've encountered the use of that parameter, so I'm glad
that we included it in the CF definition! It was me, I think, who gave it that
name, and I'm sorry if it's unclear. It seemed fairly clear to me; the idea
is that it's the grid_longitude of the true North Pole.

Cheers

Jonathan