⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Rotated Pole projection possibly wrong

From: Heiko Klein <Heiko.Klein>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 08:36:28 +0100

Hi John,

grid_north_pole_latitude = -1 * longitudeOfSouthernPoleInDegrees
is ok

The normalize function is just used because grib is 0-360, while proj is
-180 to 180. But you need to flip longitude when going from north to south:

grid_north_pole_longitude = norm180(longitudeOfSouthernPoleInDegrees + 180)

It's documented in the proj documentation
ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/proj/proj.4.3.I2.pdf Chapter 4 on page 19.

Heiko