⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New Standard Names for Satellite Data

From: Aleksandar Jelenak - NOAA Affiliate <aleksandar.jelenak>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 13:16:04 -0500

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Cameron-smith, Philip
<cameronsmith1 at llnl.gov> wrote:
> Hi, Edward,
>
> _sample_ seems a good alternative.
>
> I still like the idea of _due_to_collocation, since that defines what the interval is about. So how about the following?
>
> time_sample_interval_due_to_collocation
>
> Philip

Philip, Ed --

I apologize for the delay in my reply. It is time to wrap up this discussion.

I really like the name "collocation_time_interval" but if that is not
to be my second choice is "time_sample_interval_due_to_collocation".

Here's the definition I propose:

"
The temporal difference between two measurement events being
collocated. Collocation is a process in remote sensing of grouping two
independent measurements based on a set of spatial, temporal, and
viewing geometry criteria.
"

       -Aleksandar