⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] any convention for variables abbreviation ?

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 14:47:10 +0000

Hi Nan,

Slight misunderstanding I fear. The p021 vocabulary is a vocabulary that MAPS to the CF Standard Names, but it doesn't include the Standard Names themselves. What I think Nicolas is after is something slightly different, namely a standardised 6-byte representation for each Standard Name. We do maintain opaque codes for Standard Names in our server, but unfortunately these are 8 bytes long, not 6 so I didn't offer them.

Cheers, Roy.