⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF calendars (was: problem with times in PSD dataset)

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 14:10:13 +0000

Dear Cecelia

> is it codified that
> recommendations should generate warnings in tools if they are not
> followed? (I assume the mixed calendar itself would not be
> deprecated, just its use as the default?)

I don't think it's codified, but that's what the CF checker does. Requirements
and recommendations are clearly separated in the CF conformance document.
Breaking a requirement gives an error; not following a recommendation gives
a warning. In this case, if we agree to keep a default, I think we would
recommend that the calendar should always be specified, so that a warning
would result if it wasn't (in which case the default applies).