⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Cell methods for any combinations of dimensions

From: Zheng, Bangyou <Bangyou.zheng>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 09:42:29 +1000

Our data is structured as follows:

dimensions:
     sites = 3;
     sowing = 3;
     water = 3;
     genotype = 3;
variables:
     float yield(sites, sowing, water, genotype);

We would like to apply a method (e.g. mean) to any combinations of
dimensions. For this data set, we will store mean yields for

 1. all 81 yields: *1* value.
 2. average for three dimensions, sites, sowing, water and genotype: *12
    *values.
 3. average for two dimensions, sites and sowing, sites and water, sites
    and genotype, sowing and water, sowing and genotype, water and
    genotype: *54 *values
 4. average for one dimension: *324* values.

Do some conventions already designed? Or do we need to design some new
conventions? Any suggestions are welcome.

Best regards,
Bangyou

--
*Dr. Bangyou ZHENG*