⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] NetCDF (and CF) Uncertainty Conventions discussion list

From: Mike Grant <mggr>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 14:08:13 +0000

On 12/12/2012 11:06 PM, Steve Hankin wrote:
> the topic of how to encode uncertainties is opening up within OGC in the
> attached email. The work under discussion here builds on CF 1.5 as a
> normative standard and contains a CF 1.5 data model in UML (Figure 1).
> At a glance it is apparent that whatever comes from this discussion
> ought to become similarly established in CF.

Thanks for the heads-up, that's very useful. We already deal with
encoding uncertainty data in some of our satellite products and are more
or less following this method. I certainly agree it should eventually
become a part of CF, in much the same way that one can encode means and
other standard statistical measures of a parameter.

Cheers,

Mike.

Latest news: www.pml.ac.uk and _at_PlymouthMarine

Plymouth Marine Laboratory (PML) is a company limited by guarantee registered in England & Wales, company number 4178503. Registered Charity No. 1091222. Registered Office: Prospect Place, The Hoe, Plymouth PL1 3DH, UK.

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system. You are reminded that e-mail communications are not secure and may contain viruses; PML accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by viruses.