⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] new standard name proposal for total ozone in DU

From: Cameron-smith, Philip <cameronsmith1>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 20:06:11 +0000

Hi Jonathan, Martin, et al.,

Although Mass-Moles and frequency-period are examples of pairs of physically different units that are trivially convertible, DU is subtly different because it is defined in two physically different but equivalent ways.

My preference is to add an additional comment to the notes for both std_names that recommends using the new std_name for consistency with other std_names, but would also happily live with the other two options (ie, either deprecating the old std_name, or expressing no preference).

Best wishes,

     Philip

Dr Philip Cameron-Smith, pjc at llnl.gov, Lawrence Livermore National Lab.