⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard names for sea level change

From: Cameron-smith, Philip <cameronsmith1>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 10:25:15 -0700

Hi Jonathan, et al.,

We do have a number of other cases where we effectively specify integrals/averages within std_names. For example, we have atmosphere_moles_of_X as a global integral. We also have atmosphere_mass_content_of_X as a column integral.

I know there are advantages and disadvantages. Personally, I believe the bar should be high to be included as a separate standard name, but there are cases such as these which pass over the bar. I am personally happy to leave these global_average_sea_level names as they are.

Best wishes,

       Philip

Dr Philip Cameron-Smith, pjc at llnl.gov, Lawrence Livermore National Lab.