⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names for vector components

From: Hedley, Mark <mark.hedley>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 13:57:10 +0100

Hello

I have raised a new ticket to attempt to get a resolution on the discussion regarding vector component standard names:
https://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/trac/ticket/89

I would be grateful if someone would volunteer to moderate this ticket and if further communication on the issue took place on the ticket where possible.

I feel that the proposal on the ticket, a variation on my first idea, addresses some of the concerns raised a few weeks back about reinterpretation of existing data. I think that the proposal as it stands is backwards compatible while introducing new capabilities for encoding metadata for particular datasets.

many thanks
mark