⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] FW: Standard_name for cloud-cover by phenomenon

From: Cameron-smith, Philip <cameronsmith1>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 11:55:15 -0700

Thanks, Bruce. Those emails helped crystalize it for me.

Heiko, Eizi, are you proposing that the definition of high/medium/low_type_cloud_area_fraction follow the SYNOP rules precisely?

Or will it be general enough to allow similar protocols, eg from ISCCP?

If it is highly specific then I still feel it would be better to include the provenance (eg, WMOSYNOP).

If the definition will be somewhat general then I will drop my objection. I am still not enthusiastic about using the work 'type' in this way, but I confess that I cannot think of a better alternative.

Best wishes,

     Philip

Dr Philip Cameron-Smith, pjc at llnl.gov, Lawrence Livermore National Lab.