⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard_name for cloud-cover by phenomenon

From: TOYODA Eizi <toyoda>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 03:12:06 +0900

Hi Philip,

Your idea makes sense at least for me.
My bottom line is to avoid being forced to use vertical axis to identify
types of clouds.

One thing: WMO is umbrella for too many programmes. So it is a bit unclear
to specify cloud definitions in operational synoptic meteorology. So
following might be clearer.

SYNOP_high_cloud_area_fraction
SYNOP_middle_cloud_area_fraction
SYNOP_low_cloud_fraction