⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] X_to_direction in grid or true direction?

From: Heiko Klein <Heiko.Klein>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 09:39:12 +0200

Jonathan,

thanks for the hint about the guidelines. I just try to understand the
term 'bearing', and it is defined in many ways,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bearing_%28navigation%29
still leaving place for ambiguity.

I think, an explanatory sentence like yours 'a bearing in the usual
geographical sense, 0 degrees for due north' would help a lot and should
be added to the standard-names. I don't think people usually read the
guidelines to understand the meaning of the standard-names.

Best regards,

Heiko