⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Ocean CTD data following CF Conventions v1.6

From: andrew walsh <awalsh>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 10:34:38 +1000

Hi John,

Thanks, I think we have reached a near conclusion to our discussions
about how best to encode a 'single' profile CTD cast following CF standard v1.6.

This not been easy as CF allows more than 1 way to do it and the standard is
large.
Thanks also Jonathon, Roy, Nan, Jim, Upendra, Thierry, Karl for your valuable
inputs,
hope I haven't missed anyone else!

Jonathon, thanks for clarifying that 'axis' attribute will be allowed on
'auxilliary coordinate variables', yes the standard was confusing.

To summarise I will use a 'Scalar' method for simplicity, noting that
the 'Vector' method is also acceptable.

Attached for reference is the netCDF file and CDL (.txt) of the same.
Convention attribute has been updated to 'CF-1.6'

Andrew