⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Ocean CTD data following CF Conventions v1.6

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 15:53:11 +0100

Dear Andrew

> ERROR (4): Axis attribute is not allowed for auxillary coordinate variables.
> I don't get this error with the Vector approach. It looks like the
> checker thinks
> my scalar lat, lon, time are 'auxilliary coordinate variables' and
> axis attributes
> are not allowed on these. Is the checker interpreting things correctly?

The scalar coordinate vars are formally aux coord vars, because they are named
by the coordinates attribute. There has been confusion for a long time on
whether the axis attribute is allowed for aux coord vars, but we eventually
decided that it should be. This has been agreed on trac ticket 62
https://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/trac/ticket/62
which should go in the next version of CF. Therefore you could ignore these
errors. The checker will be updated when CF is.