⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard_name for cloud-cover by phenomenon

From: Heiko Klein <Heiko.Klein>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 10:31:19 +0200

Hi Eizi,

I like the idea of putting an extra term to the names. I would prefer
'type' rather than 'genera' (5 years of latin punishment at school), but
I leave that to the native english speakers.

I'm really puzzled that the 'WMO Intl Meteorological
Vocabulary' uses a different definition of cloud-types, since its the
WMO SYNOP messages which are measured and send around the world at least
4 times a day. But since we agree on the same set, we can simply forget
about that 'Vocabulary'.

Best regards,

Heiko

--
Dr. Heiko Klein                              Tel. + 47 22 96 32 58
Development Section / IT Department          Fax. + 47 22 69 63 55