⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard_name for cloud-cover by phenomenon

From: David Hassell <d.c.hassell>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 11:36:42 +0100

Hello Heiko,

I don't have a strong opinion, but am just testing the water ...

I wonder how one would define these standard names so that they were
correct for all uses, for example from a three layer model to the
ISCCP datasets.

In your example, would a model_level_number coordinate of [1, 2, 3]
fit your needs, possibly with an auxiliary coordinate of ['low',
'medium', 'high']? Would we need a standard name for the auxiliary
coordinate, or would a long name suffice?

All the best,

David

---- Original message from Heiko Klein (11AM 25 Apr 12)