⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] code that does semantic checking of CF headers

From: Seth McGinnis <mcginnis>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 14:04:51 -0600

Hi Sean,

>From your description, it sounds like you're confusing valid_min and valid_max
with actual_min and actual_max. The former attributes define theoretical
extrema, beyond which data is considered invalid (e.g., latitude > 90 degrees
or precipitation < 0). The latter are what modelers would include if they were
providing information to assist with visualizations.

Personally, I dislike actual_min and actual_max, because I don't think you can
trust them to be correct. But if you want to take advantage of visualization
hints in metadata, those are the attributes to reference.

Cheers,

--Seth

====
Seth McGinnis